- Take the stairs instead of the elevators. Climb a little faster.
- Park your car few blacks farther away. Walk this extra distance to work, to friend’s home or when on shopping.
- Take a walk before lunch.
- Avoid meeting friends on lunch or coffee. Instead have dates to take a walk or go dancing.
- Take your dog for a walk. If you don’t have one, consider getting one.
- Do not sit at a place for long hours. Break between prolong hours of work or while seeing TV. Walk to neighbour’s house or to co-worker’s desks. While talking on the phone for long period try not to sit, pace around. It’s good to have a cordless phone and keep moving around while talking.
- If you have to stand at a spot, you may exercise leg muscles by marching or rise to tip toes.
- Wash and iron your clothes.
- Mow the lawn. If you have power mover change it for a push model.
- Gardening is a very good exercise. Digging, weeding, raking, cutting and hauling all build stamina..
- Roller skating, jump rope are very good exercise. Swim or a bike ride or a row boat outing on a lake.