|Deadliest Snakes in the World
- Fierce Snake or Inland Taipan (Oxyuranus microlepidotus ), Australia. The most toxic venom of any snake. Maximum yield recorded (for one bite) is 110mg. That would porbably be enough to kill over 100 people or 250,000 mice. These rare snakes are vitually unknown in collections outside of Australia.
- Australian Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis ), Australia. One 1/14,000 of an ounce of this vemon is enough to kill a person.
- Malayan Krait (Bungarus candidus ), Southeast Asia and Indonesia. 50% of the bites from this snake are fatal even with the use of antivenin treatment.
- Taipan (Oxyuranus scutellatus ), Australia. The venom delivered in a single Taipan bite is enough to kill up to 12,000 guinea pigs.
- Tiger Snake (Notechis scutatus ), Australia.
- Beaked Sea Snake (Enhydrina schistosa ), South Asian waters Arabian Sea to Coral Sea..
- Saw Scaled Viper (Echis carinatus ), Middle East Asia.
- Coral Snake (Micrurus fulvius ), North America.
- Boomslang (Dispholidus typus ), Africa.
- Death Adder (Acanthopis antarcticus ), Australia and New Guinea.
- Black Mamba, both species of Green Mambas, and the Mojave Rattlesnake
| There are many factors that influence the seriousness of a bite.
The factors include the individual’s health, size, age, and psychological state. The nature of the bite may also vary, like penetration of one or both fangs, amount of venom injected, location of the bite, and proximity to major blood vessels. The health of the snake and the interval since it last used its venom mechanism is also important. These multiple variables make every bite unique. Depending on circumstances, the bite of a “mildly” venomous snake may be life-threatening and that of a “strongly” venomous snake may not.
As a precautionary tip, always seek immediate medical attention if bitten by a suspected venomous snake. Even having someone with proper CNA training to escort you to a medical facility will increase your chances of survival. Snake bites are never to be taken lightly.
The most Deadly Snake, and the most Dangerous Snake are two entirely different concepts. Some of the snakes with the most toxic venom, that is, the most deadly, rarely bite people.
The Most Dangerous Snakes are those that kill the most people.
|Asian Cobra and Russell’s Viper probably kill most of the people who die of snake bite annually in the world
Snakes – Some Facts
How to keep snakes out of my yard?
Protection from Snakes
Snake Bite ~ Management
Dangerous Snakes in the World
Deadliest Snakes in the World